Monday, July 14, 2008

What are 21st Century Literacies Anyway?

Recently I was asked to be part of a very esteemed group of experts at NCTE's Summer Institute on 21st Century Literacies. I must admit that I am honored to be included in the group of people, but I have been left with the question, "Just what are 21st century literacies?"

On the surface it seems that the answer is simple. 21st century literacies must be all the new technology that we educators use in the classroom, but is that all? Is there more to it?

Over the last couple of months I have pondered this question. I think that 21st century literacies not only include all the new "techno stuff", but it also includes all the "old" literacies. I think the "21st century" part is about how these literacies are approached and taught in the classroom. So what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home